The Vermont Department of Labor announced today that the seasonally-adjusted statewide unemployment rate for November 2014 was 4.3 percent. This represents a decrease of one-tenth of a percent from the revised October rate (4.4 percent). The equivalent national average was 5.8 percent, which experienced no change from the previous month’s estimate. As of the prior month’s initial data, Vermont’s unemployment rate was tied for tenth lowest in the country.
Attention Vermont Employers:
This is a reminder that as of July 1, 2014, Vermont employers are required under Vermont State law (21 VSA, 691 a), to post a notice advising their employees where they may access and review your company’s safety records.
To assist you with compliance efforts, the Vermont Department of Labor has developed a form that will assist you. This poster is downloadable at Posting of Safety Records [PDF].
For all other required Workplace Posters and available to you please visit: Publications.
Precyse Solutions is looking for Vermont career-seekers to join its Certified Medical Coder work-at-home team. Supported by Governor Shumlin, funds from Vermont’s Department of Labor and Agency of Commerce will be used to sponsor selected Vermonters in a 10-week no-cost education program. No experience is required and all graduates of the program will start earning $15 per hour with full benefits as a work-at-home certified medical coder apprentice with Precyse. After completion of a one year apprenticeship, potential earnings can increase to $21 per hour, with the potential to earn up to $25 per hour after two years.
To learn more and participate, please apply online by visiting www.vthitec.org. For additional questions, please call (802)872-0660.
Thursday, November 6, 2014
1608 Williston Road
South Burlington, VT 05403
We will be welcoming Military Veterans (only) from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m.
The Job Fair is open to the General Public from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Bring your resume and meet with area employers! This event is to support our Vermont Veterans.
Business Professional Attire is recommended.
This Job Fair Is Hosted By:
Vermont Department of Labor and
Veteran Employment Representatives
The Economic & Labor Market Information Division is pleased to announce the release of the 2014 Economic & Demographic Profile Report – a comprehensive data publication covering Vermont and sub-state Vermont areas.
2014 Economic & Demographic Profile Report
Attention Vermont Employers
ALL employers are required to file their quarterly Unemployment Insurance Wage and Contribution Reports electronically.
Employers reporting 0 to 250 employees:
- The electronic Vermont Internet Tax and Wage System (VITWS) can be accessed by selecting “Employer Online Services” on the home page, then selecting “File Your Quarterly Reports & Taxable Wage Base Information”.
- New employers will be mailed a temporary password. When the temporary password is received, log onto the Vermont Internet Tax and Wage System (VITWS) to create your own custom password for quarterly filing. Please retain your newly established password for safe keeping, as this will be your permanent password for all future filings.
- If you need to reset your password, please call the Employer Service Unit at 802-828-4344.
Employers reporting more than 250 employees:
- Must utilize the Large Employer Reporting System.
- If you are not registered, please find the specifications and application (C-29A) at www.labor.vermont.gov, under “Forms”, “Employer Forms”. Please complete the form and return to the Employer Services Unit at P.O. Box 488, Montpelier, VT 05601 or Labor-UIandWagesDivision@state.vt.us.
A penalty assessment of $100.00 will be charged to employers who fail to file electronically.
The 2014 Vermont State Construction Prevailing Wage publication is available. This publication is updated annually.