Vermont's Internet Tax and Wage System (VITWS) is NOW available to file your Quarterly Wage and Contribution Reports. At this time, the application will accommodate filing for employers with less than 250 employees. Direct links to this application are indicated under "Online Services" in the right-hand pane of this page.
You must register before you can use this application; please use link provided under "Online Services" in the right-hand pane of this page. Once your registration is confirmed, you will be provided a password on your Quarterly Wage and Contribution Report, which is generally mailed on the last Friday of each quarter. For security purposes, this password will be changed EVERY quarter.
Benefits to using this on-line application:
- Fast, easy to use, and has help menus for each step in the process
- Allows uploading of wage data information using a comma delimited format (CSV)
- Uploads wage record and employee information from prior quarter
- Allows up-date or add new employees
- Calculates “Excess Wages”
- Allows access to prior reports filed through the internet application
- Allows payment by Electronic Funds Transfer or paper check
- Provides opportunity to print a copy of the report filed
- Provides confirmation number to substantiate report was filed successfully
- Allows notification to the department of changes pertaining to your business
- Improves the accuracy for reports filed and wage record information
- Health Care worksheet with calculator
Things to remember when using the application:
- Passwords are not case sensitive. After 3 unsuccessful attempts, you will be locked out and have to contact Employer Services Unit to have your password reset.
- If adding employee(s), you must enter 0.00 in “Prior wages”.
- If no wages are paid in the reporting quarter, you must enter 0.00 or delete terminated employee(s).
- All prior reported wages will automatically be up-loaded. If you choose to up-load your own wage detail, you must have prior quarter wage built into your up-load file or you must manually enter all prior amounts or 0.00 for quarters within the same calendar year
- ONLY check the Adjusted Excess field if:
a) an employee has earned wages in another state for prior quarter(s)/ this quarter in the same calendar year
b) the reporting employer is a full/partial successor.
Frequently Asked Questions about this application are available; please use link provided under "Related Links" in the right-hand pane of this page.
If you have any questions, concerns or comments about this application, please feel free to contact: