Please provide the following documents to:
Vermont Department of Labor
Attn: Employee Leasing Program
P.O. Box 488
Montpelier VT 05601-0488
- A one-time, non-refundable initial application fee of $100.00, payable to the Vermont Department of Labor.
- Annual Employer Leasing licensing fee of $1,000.00, payable to the Vermont Department of Labor.
- An Employee Leasing Company Licensure & Registration Application.
- A copy of an executed Surety Bond and Letter of Credit and Memorandum of Understanding in the amount of $100,000.00. A sample of required language for both forms is enclosed.
- Signed Authorizing Individual Affidavit, from each authorizing individual stated in the Employee Leasing Company Licensure & Registration Application.
- Limited Power of Attorney and Tax Information Authorization for each client company. The completed form authorizes your company to act on behalf of your client company or companies in unemployment insurance matters.
- Employer Registration Status Report must be completed for each of your Vermont clients who do not already have an established account with the Vermont Department of Labor. Each client, not already set up, will be assigned a new employer tax rate, which shall be the average rate for all other businesses in the same industry group.
- Completed List of Vermont Clients .
- Proof of workers' compensation coverage for each Vermont client company. This should be a separate policy issued to each of the client companies.
- Copy of each Employee Leasing agreement.
- If you are licensed in any other state, provide a copy of each license.
- A copy of your most recent audited financial statement that demonstrates that you have an adjusted net worth of at least $100,000.00 or 5 percent of the prior years Vermont wages, benefits, workers' compensation premiums or awards or unemployment compensation contributions, whichever is greater.
NOTE: The financial statement shall have been prepared within six months of the date of application by an independent certified public accountant licensed in this state pursuant to 21 V.S.A 1035 (a).
If you have any questions regarding this program, please contact a staff member handling the Employee Leasing Program in the Employer Services Unit at (802) 828-4344.