The Vermont Department of Labor has been made aware of notifications being received by individuals via text message regarding Vermont unemployment benefits.
Please be advised that the Vermont Department of Labor does not communicate unemployment information via text message at this time.
If you receive text messages regarding your UI claim in Vermont, the message is not from the Vermont Department of Labor.
For additional information contact UI Claimant Assistance at 877-214-3332.
The Vermont Department of Labor will start distributing the Unemployment Tax Form 1099G to those individuals that received unemployment payments in 2017. The 1099Gs will begin being mailed on Monday, January 22, 2018 and will continued to mailed the week of January 22nd until completed. 1099G information is available on your Vermont UI Claimant Portal. For additional physical copies of your 1099G, please contact the Department’s Claimant Assistance Line at the number below.
The 1099G Tax Form will be mailed to the address on record with the Unemployment Insurance Department. If you have moved, or you are unsure of the address on file, update your address by calling 877-214-3332 to avoid delays in receiving your tax information.
Soon Vermont JobLink will require a working email address to uniquely identify you with your account for security purposes. You will also be able to use your email address to reset your password and opt into notifications that will enhance your job search.
Please prepare for these upcoming changes by reviewing your contact information now. Click My Profile in your main menu, then click Edit Contact Information. If you have already provided an email address, please ensure you can access it and that it is not shared with any other Vermont JobLink users (such as a spouse or other family member). If you have not provided an email address, please do so. After making any changes, click Save on the Contact Information page.
Attention Vermont Employers
ALL employers are required to file their quarterly Unemployment Insurance Wage and Contribution Reports electronically.
Employers reporting 0 to 250 employees:
- The electronic Vermont Internet Tax and Wage System (VITWS) can be accessed by selecting “Employer Online Services” on the home page, then selecting “File Your Quarterly Reports & Taxable Wage Base Information”.
- New employers will be mailed a temporary password. When the temporary password is received, log onto the Vermont Internet Tax and Wage System (VITWS) to create your own custom password for quarterly filing. Please retain your newly established password for safe keeping, as this will be your permanent password for all future filings.
- If you need to reset your password, please call the Employer Service Unit at 802-828-4344.
Employers reporting more than 250 employees:
- Must utilize the Large Employer Reporting System.
- If you are not registered, please find the specifications and application (C-29A) at www.labor.vermont.gov, under “Forms”, “Employer Forms”. Please complete the form and return to the Employer Services Unit at P.O. Box 488, Montpelier, VT 05601 or Labor-UIandWagesDivision@vermont.gov.
A penalty assessment of $100.00 will be charged to employers who fail to file electronically.