3 Things UI Claimants Can Do To Minimize Fraud
All claimants should actively monitor their UI account, as well as any other online accounts (i.e. bank accounts, credit cards, etc.) to ensure there is no unauthorized activity
- If the claimant has an common number UI Claimant PIN (i.e. 1111, 2222, 1212, last four of SSN, etc.), they should immediately request a pin change by calling the UI Claimant Assistance Line at: 1-877-214-3332
- If the claimant believes his/her account(s) have been compromised, they should file a fraud notice with the Department at
Soon Vermont JobLink will require a working email address to uniquely identify you with your account for security purposes. You will also be able to use your email address to reset your password and opt into notifications that will enhance your job search.
Please prepare for these upcoming changes by reviewing your contact information now. Click My Profile in your main menu, then click Edit Contact Information. If you have already provided an email address, please ensure you can access it and that it is not shared with any other Vermont JobLink users (such as a spouse or other family member). If you have not provided an email address, please do so. After making any changes, click Save on the Contact Information page.
If you need to set up an email account, here are the links to a few of the free email providers:
Attention Vermont Employers
ALL employers are required to file their quarterly Unemployment Insurance Wage and Contribution Reports electronically.
Employers reporting 0 to 250 employees:
- The electronic Vermont Internet Tax and Wage System (VITWS) can be accessed by selecting “Employer Online Services” on the home page, then selecting “File Your Quarterly Reports & Taxable Wage Base Information”.
- New employers will be mailed a temporary password. When the temporary password is received, log onto the Vermont Internet Tax and Wage System (VITWS) to create your own custom password for quarterly filing. Please retain your newly established password for safe keeping, as this will be your permanent password for all future filings.
- If you need to reset your password, please call the Employer Service Unit at 802-828-4344.
Employers reporting more than 250 employees:
A penalty assessment of $100.00 will be charged to employers who fail to file electronically.