Attention Vermont Employers
Mandatory Electronic Filing for All Employers
Effective for the 3rd quarter 2014 reporting (due on or before October 31, 2014) ALL employers are required to file their quarterly Unemployment Insurance Wage and Contribution Reports electronically.
Employers reporting 0 to 250 employees:
- The electronic Vermont Internet Tax and Wage System (VITWS) can be accessed by selecting “Employer Online Services” on the home page, then selecting “File Your Quarterly Reports & Taxable Wage Base Information”.
- Employers will be mailed a temporary password during the last week of September. When the temporary password is received, log onto the Vermont Internet Tax and Wage System (VITWS) to create your own custom password for quarterly filing. Please retain your newly established password for safe keeping, as this will be your permanent password for all future filings. If you need to reset your password, you will need to call the Employer Service Unit at 802-828-4344.
Employers reporting more than 250 employees:
- Must utilize the Large Employer Reporting System.
- If you are not registered, please find the specifications and application (C-29A) at www.labor.vermont.gov, under “Forms”, “Employer Forms”.
- To utilize the Large Employer Reporting System, submit the C-29A Before October 13, 2014.
A penalty assessment of $100.00 will be charged to employers who fail to file electronically.