The Short Time Compensation (STC) program is an alternative to a complete layoff of one or more workers. Details about the program are provided in the Explanation of STC Program (B-3).
- Explanation of STC Program (B-3) [PDF]
- Participant Info (B-102) [PDF]
- Application A (B-148) [PDF]
- Application B (B-146) [PDF]
- Initial Claim Form (B-65) [PDF]
- Weekly Claim Form (B-6) [PDF]
- Weekly Employer Report (B-145) [PDF]
- Process Upon Approval (B-153) [PDF]
Before submitting an application for the STC Program please:
- Review the information provided, specifically the Explanation of STC Program (B-3), as many of your questions will likely be answered.
- Build in a minimum of 30 days between the date you submit your application and the proposed start date of your plan. The approval process may take up to 30 days.
If you have questions following review of the information provided, please send e-mail to UICCGeneral@vermont.gov, briefly describing your questions, providing your business name and contact information, and we will assign a staff member to handle your inquiry.
If you don’t have any questions, and wish to submit an application, please complete Application A and B forms and submit to:
Vermont Department of Labor
Attn: STC Program
PO Box 189
Montpelier, VT 05601-0189
Completed applications may also be faxed to 802-828-9191 or a PDF document may be attached to e-mail sent to UICCGeneral@vermont.gov
We will contact you upon receipt of a completed application within 30 days.