(802) 828-4000 Contact Us | Sitemap

Adjuster Licensing & Training


How do I get licensed to adjust workers’ compensation claims in Vermont?

The Department of Financial Regulation (DFR) licenses all insurance adjusters doing business in Vermont, including those who adjust workers’ compensation claims for out-of-state carriers.

To find out about licensing requirements, examinations, and relicensing information, contact DFR at http://www.dfr.vermont.gov/insurance/producer-licensing/producer-individual-licensing

What continuing education is offered in Vermont?

In order to be re-licensed to adjust Vermont workers’ compensation claims, adjusters must receive continuing education credit by attending Vermont Department of Labor sponsored trainings.

Each year the Department sponsors two annual Adjusters’ Conferences, usually in Burlington, Vermont in the spring and fall.

The dates for the Spring conference will be May 19 & 20, 2016. The conference will be held at the Hilton Hotel, Burlington, Vermont. The seminars begin at 12:30 p.m. on Thursday the 19th and conclude at noon on Friday the 20th. Please note the times for the conference and make certain that travel arrangements do not conflict with the start and end times. Attendees must be present for the whole conference.

To make hotel reservations call the Hilton Burlington at 802-658-6500 or 800-445-8667 and mention the conference to receive the group rates. You can also use the following link to make reservations: http://www.hilton.com/en/hi/groups/personalized/B/BTTVTHF-DOL-20160518/index.jhtml. The rate for May 19 & 20, 2016 is $169.00. (Additional taxes may apply and there is an additional fee for parking of $10 per day in the adjacent parking garage.) The “cut off” date for accepting reservations is April 18, 2016. Register early to guarantee room reservations before the block of rooms sells out. Once the block is sold the room rates cannot be guaranteed.

Conference registration is being done through Delaney Meeting and Event Management. You can access the on-line registration form at the following link: http://www.cvent.com/d/cfqq43/4W.

If you are unable to register online contact Delaney Meeting and Event Management or if you have questions regarding this event please contact Delaney Meeting and Event Management at (802) 865-5202.