Each of our statewide Resource Centers has a Career Resource Room to help make your job search more comprehensive, professional and comfortable. Take advantage of our no-cost-to-you resources to help you find the right job locally, statewide or nationally. And, our professional staff is available to help you.
Computers with Internet Access
- Search for jobs.
- Research businesses.
- Locate labor market information.
- Prepare quality resumes and cover letters using word-processing applications and resume writing software.
- Practice your keyboarding skills using typing tutor software.
- Complete an interest and skill checklist and explore various occupations and colleges by visiting the Vermont Student Assistance Corporation (link to http://services.vsac.org/wps/wcm/connect/vsac/VSAC) website.
Telephones to Aid You in Your Job Search
- Contact prospective employers.
- Schedule interviews.
- Call prospective educational providers.
- Send and receive correspondence relating to your job search.
- Send applications or resumes to employers.
- Make copies of your resume, applications and other job-related information.
◾Use our resource library of books and videotapes on a variety of employment-related topics
◾College catalogues are available for Vermont, New England and across the country.
◾Local newspapers are available for your job search.
All DOL Career Resource Centers are equipped with assistive technology to provide better access to individuals with disabilities. Technology includes:
◾TTY Telephone Unit
for individuals with hearing impairments.
◾Closed Circuit Monitor
for individuals with visual impairments.
◾Dolphin Supernova-Kurzweil 3000 Software on a universally accessible computer station.
◾Adjustable Computer Table
for individuals with mobility impairments.