In accordance with ACT 44 of 2011, employers who hire a recently separated veteran may be eligible to receive a tax credit of $2,000. Veterans who start their own business may receive up to a $2,000 tax credit.
The first step to receiving this credit is to have the Certification Form 44 completed by the Vermont Office of Veterans Affairs and the Vermont Department of Labor. The Certification document includes instructions for completion as well as more in-depth information about this program.
Certification Form 44 [PDF] and other associated information are provided under “Related Links”.
- Vow to Hire Veterans Tax Credit Fact Sheet [PDF]
- Vow to Hire Veterans Tax Credit Additional Info [PDF]
- Prevailing Wage Chart [PDF]
- Certification Form 44 [PDF]
- Job Seeker Information
- Press Release [PDF]
- VDOL Regional Offices
- Veteran Services
- Unemployment Insurance Information