Pandemic Emergency Unemployment Compensation (PEUC) extends regular unemployment benefits for an additional 13 weeks to claimants who have exhausted their 26 weeks of benefits on July 1,2019 or anytime after. If you have exhausted your unemployment benefits any time after July 1, 2019, you may be eligible for PEUC. Please review the PEUC frequently asked questions for additional information.
NEXT STEPS FOR CLAIMANTS
I HAVE ALREADY EXHAUSTED MY BENEFITS
If you have received notification from the Department that you were deemed eligible for PEUC benefits, the Department has automatically enrolled you into the PEUC Program. You do not have to reapply for unemployment or complete any additional applications. The earliest week for which you will receive benefits is the week ending April 4, 2020. Please review the filing steps below.
- STEP 1: Log on to the regular UI Claimant Portal
- If you have not yet established a PIN, please click “create a PIN”
- If you have already established your PIN, you may log in using your established PIN.
- If you do not remember your PIN or need to reset, you will need to call the Department and speak with a representative. Claimants may call 888-807-7072 to reset a PIN.
- STEP 2: File for the first week available under your PEUC claim. You will be able to file one back-week per day.
- The first week you may file for PEUC will be the week ending April 4, 2020.
- If you exhausted your benefits after April 4, 2020, the first week you will be eligible for PEUC will be the week after you have exhausted your regular UI benefits.
- STEP 3: You may file one claim per day until you are caught up. Once you have successfully filed your first weekly claim, a confirmation page will be displayed. That confirmation will tell you when you can log-in and file your next claim. Please file before 4pm each day to avoid errors.
- STEP 4: Continue to file a weekly claim for each week you are unemployed. Failing to do so will result in a gap in benefits.
I HAVE NOT YET EXHAUSTED MY BENEFITS
If you have not yet exhausted your benefits, but may soon, you will receive a notice in the mail from the Department informing you that you have exhausted your benefits and have been automatically enrolled in the PEUC program. You will not need to submit an application for PEUC, or resubmit an initial application for regular unemployment insurance. Once you have Please review the steps below.
- STEP 1: Log on to the regular UI Claimant Portal and enter your log in information
- STEP 2: File your weekly claim as you have been. You must report any hours worked or wages earned during the week you are filing for.
- STEP 3: Continue to file a weekly claim for each week you are unemployed. Failing to do so will result in further errors.
- The PEUC program is for regular UI claimants who have exhausted their 26 weeks of benefits only.
- You are filing weekly claims for the prior week. (e.g. if you file a weekly claim on April 12, you are filing for the benefit week of April 5-11).
- You MUST report any hours worked and wages earned, regardless of when you will be paid, if you worked during a week you are filing a benefit for. Failing to do so will create an issue on your claim, delay payment, or could potentially disqualify you from receiving benefits.