The Lost Wage Assistance (LWA) program provides a supplemental weekly benefit payment to eligible claimants. Eligible claimants will receive the supplemental benefit for the benefit weeks ending August 1, August 8, August 15, August 22, August 29 and September 5, for a total of six weeks.
- Round I Payments: Claimants certify for weeks ending August 1, 8, and 15 (Certification through Email)
- Round II Payments: Claimants certify for weeks ending August 22, August 29 and September 5 (Certification through Weekly Filing)
Updates on Lost Wage Assistance Program:
- Lost Wage Assistance Round II Update (October 21)
- Lost Wage Assistance Update (October 8)
- Department of Labor Distributes $21 million through LWA program (September 18)
This program requires individuals in Regular UI to answer an additional question. Please review the information below to determine next steps.
Individuals Filing for Regular UI
Round I payments:
- STEP 1: Check your email inbox (and spam folder) for instructions on how to complete the COVID certification question.
- STEP 2: Submit your response to the prompted question: “Are you unemployed or partially unemployed due to disruptions caused by COVID-19?”
- STEP 3: After submitting your answer, the Department will review your response and notify you of your eligibility
Round II payments:
To recieve LWA benefits, Claimants were asked 'Are you unemployed or partially unemployed due to disruptions caused by COVID-19?”' as a part of their weekly certification when filing for weekly UI benefits. Because claimants would have answered this question during the weekly filing process, there is no furthere action needed to recieve Round II benefits for eligible claimants.
Individuals Filing for Pandemic Unemployment Assistance (PUA):
- There is no action necessary. The information requested from Regular UI Claimants has already been received for PUA claimants. Further communications for PUA claimants will be provided, and there is no action necessary for PUA Claimants at this time.
- This supplemental benefit for eligible claimants will be in the amount of $300 per week for the weeks ending August 1, August 8, August 15, August 22, August 29 and September 5.
- Eligible claimants must have a valid Unemployment Insurance claim, be unemployed or partially unemployed due to COVID-19 and have a weekly benefit amount of $100 or more.
- If claimants are eligible, they will receive this supplemental benefit as a check in the mail, not direct deposit. It will be a separate payment from the regular weekly benefit payment. If the mailing address on file is incorrect, claimants can update it by contacting our UI Call Center to avoid further delays.
- This benefit is subject to state and federal income tax. Claimants are required to report this income on their 2020 tax return.
If you are looking for information on the CARES Act Federal Pandemic Unemployment Compensation (FPUC) program, ($600 weekly benefit) which ended on July 25, 2020, click here.