New hire reporting is mandatory in Vermont and can be done online!
When reporting a new hire, employers are required to report the following details:
- Employer’s name and address
- Employer's Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN)
- Worker’s name and address
- Worker's Social Security number
- Worker's first date of employment
Reports of a new hire must be filed within 10 days of the first day work is performed, or was previously employed by the employer, but has been separated from such prior employment for at least 60 consecutive days.
The New Hire Reporting program is administered by VDOL’s Employer Services Unit which can be reached by calling 802-828-4344.
Access to the New Hire Reporting Online application is done by clicking the link below.
General Information on New Hire Reporting Requirements provides information related to reporting a new hire.