Employer Seasonal Layoff and Claims Information
Traditionally, the Department assists businesses and employers needing to make mass-file unemployment insurance claims for seasonal layoffs. However, with the addition of online capabilities and the impact of COVID-19, the Department is adjusting best practices for 2020.
As your employees look to establish or re-open a past claim, they are able to do so online, with more information found here: https://labor.vermont.gov/unemployment-insurance/seasonal
Event Details - Thursday, October 29 at 2pm
How to Join:
- Online: http://bit.ly/Employer-Seasonal-UI-Info
- Phone: 802-828-7667 / Conference ID: 708 436 058#
Topics of Discussion:
- All those forms! What are they for, what do I need to return?
- Deductible income and adjudication
- Mass layoff spreadsheet vs. individual forms
- Benefit Charges
- Work Search - Requirement to register for Vermont JobLink
- Return to Work Dates
- Reporting refusal of work
- The Department of Labor will be hosting webinars through Microsoft Teams on Thursday, October 29 and Thursday, November 5 at 2pm. This presentation will be recorded, with the video posted on this page following the date of the presentation.
- A one-sheet as been created for Employers to distribute to employees, providing information on how to establish and re-open an online claim. Click here to view or Download the one sheet
- The UI Claimant Handbook is also available online at https://labor.vermont.gov/document/unemployment-insurance-claimant-handbook
- If you would like to request hard copies of the claimant handbook, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire.
Need further assistance? Contact the Vermont Department of Labor’s Unemployment Insurance Division. Claimants may call the Claimant Assistance Line at 1-877-214-3332 and Employers may call Employer Services at 802-828-4344, or visit https://labor.vermont.gov/unemployment-insurance.