Improved Security for your Claimant Portal
As part of our ongoing commitment to improving our services and protecting user information, the Vermont Department of Labor (VDOL), will be upgrading the login and credentialing system that provides claimant’s access to the Unemployment Insurance (UI) Claimant Portal.
- Beginning on March 11, 2024, claimants will no longer be able to access the UI Claimant Portal using their SSN and PIN and will need to set up a new username and password to log in and file their weekly claim.
- The new login system utilizes a service called myVermont.gov to provide secure system access with multi-factor authentication (MFA). myVermont.gov is used by a number of other state agencies, including The Vermont Department of Motor Vehicles, The Vermont Department of Health, and The Vermont Department of Children and Families.
If you do not have a myVermont.gov Account:
- In the next few weeks, you will receive an email from The Vermont Department of Labor containing a unique link to set up your myVermont.gov account.
- Click on the provided link and follow the instructions to set up your myVermont.gov credentials.
- An active email account is required to receive benefits through the Unemployment Insurance System.
- For helpful tips on setting up an email account, visit our How-to create an email guide.
If you already have an myVermont.gov account:
- If you already have a myVermont.gov account through another state agency, you do not need to create a new account.
- You will receive an email from the UI claimant portal in the coming weeks to authenticate your UI myVermont.gov access.
Can I create my myVermont.gov account ahead of time?
- You can create a myVermont.gov account ahead of time, but you will still receive an email from the UI Claimant Portal in the coming weeks, and you will still need to authenticate your UI access through myVermont.gov.
Will this change how I file for benefits?
- The steps to get to the claimant portal and how you file for benefits will stay the same. You can get to the UI Claimant Portal by going to www.labor.vermont.gov.
What is Multi-Factor Authentication?
- Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) is an authentication method that requires the user to provide two or more verification factors to gain access to a resource such as an application or online account. Rather than just asking for a username and password, MFA requires one or more additional verification factors, such as a phone call, text message, or email for authentication.
Please do not call the Claimant Assistance Center for assistance with myVermont.gov or logging into the portal through the new system.
If you encounter difficulties during the activation process, our Job Centers are set up to provide claimants with direct assistance. You can visit a local Job Center Monday – Friday from 8:00am to 4:00pm. You can also call your local Job Center. Find a local Job Center near you.