The Vermont Department of Labor staff is here to assist you in the development of your program. We will work with you to develop a registered apprenticeship program. We can help identify related instruction providers and register your program for state and federal purposes.
Benefits of becoming a Registered Apprenticeship Sponsor
- Fill your talent shortage with skilled workers
- Recruit, train and retain workers to build your workforce
- Receive support to build your program
- Increases worker productivity, safety, worker versatility and employee retention
- Apprentices remain more loyal to your business.
- Studies show that for every dollar spent on registered apprenticeship, the employer will realize a return of $1.51 in reduced training costs
- Apprentices recognize the fact that the employer has invested time and energy to help them achieve their career goals.
- Programs are designed to meet the specific needs of Vermont employers through on-the-job learning and related classroom instruction Data on Apprenticeship
How to Sponsor an Apprentice
- Registered Apprenticeships can be sponsored by employers, employer associations, colleges, or labor management groups that can hire and train in a working situation
- Contact the Department of Labor to learn more!