Mandatory Reporting of Injuries/ Illnesses to VOSHA Online Form
Basic Requirements -1904.39(a):
- Within eight (8) hours after the death of any employee as a result of a work-related incident, you must report the fatality to the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), U.S. Department of Labor or the Vermont Occupational Safety and Health Administration (VOSHA).
- Within twenty-four (24) hours after the in-patient hospitalization of one or more employees or an employee’s amputation or an employee’s loss of an eye, as a result of a work-related incident, you must report the in-patient hospitalization, amputation, or loss of an eye to OSHA or VOSHA.
- You must report the fatality, in-patient hospitalization, amputation, or loss of an eye using one of the following methods:
- By telephone or in person to the OSHA Area Office that is nearest to the site of the incident.
- By Telephone to the OSHA toll-free central telephone number, 1-800-321-OSHA (1-800-321-6742).
- By electronic submission using the form below.)