July 4 Holiday Impact on UI Claimants
The Department of Labor would like to encourage regular unemployment insurance and Pandemic Unemployment Assistance (PUA) claimants to file their weekly claims by 6pm on Thursday, July 2 to avoid delays in filing for next week due to the July 4 holiday. (UPDATE: Please note, this is regarding claims for the week ending June 27. If you have already filed your weekly claim for the week ending June 27, there is no further action needed at this time. )
Claimants who are unable to file their weekly claim by Thursday, July 2 at 6 p.m. can still file their claim on Friday, July 3, but will see a delay in payment. More details about the impact of the July 4 holiday weekend can be found below.
UI Call Center Holiday Hours
The Unemployment Insurance (UI) Call Center will be open for regular business hours on Friday, July 3. The UI Call Center will be closed on Saturday, July 4.
Weekly Claim Filings
Claimants who plan to file a weekly claim this week are encouraged to file their claim by Thursday, July 2 to avoid further delays due to the holiday weekend. *Note delays in processing are due to the holiday.
- Claimants who filed a weekly claim by Thursday, July 2 may file a weekly claim as they regularly would, beginning Sunday, July 5.
- Claimants who file a weekly claim on Friday, July 3 may file a weekly claim beginning Tuesday, July 7
- Claimants who establish an initial claim on Thursday, July 2 may file their weekly claim beginning Sunday July 5.
- Claimants who establish an initial claim on Friday, July 3 or Saturday, July 4, may file their weekly claim beginning Tuesday, July 7
- Claimants who file a weekly claim on Thursday, July 2 or Friday, July 3 may see a delay in payment due to the holiday weekend. Regular payment processing will resume on Monday, July 7.
UI Claim Center Extended Wait Times
Beginning July 1, the UI Call Center wait times may increase because of resource reallocation to support other State agencies who are also assisting Vermonters. The Department will monitor call wait times and will reassign additional resources as needed to keep wait times from being extended.
As a reminder, Department of Labor offices are currently closed due to the COVID-19 pandemic. More information about accessing department virtual services and contact information may be found at https://labor.vermont.gov.