Press Release: Department of Labor announces dates and topics for employer-focused Virtual Town Hall events
Montpelier – The Vermont Department of Labor has announced it will continue its Virtual Town Hall events for the week of April 6, 2020. The Department announced the events in response to the impact of COVID-19.
Dates and employer-focused conversation topics for the week of April 6, 2020 include:
TUESDAY, APRIL 7
- Resources for the Self-Employed
- Time: 2:00pm – 3:00pm
- Overview: Resources available for self-employed or independent contractors and process they should take to apply for unemployment insurance benefits.
- Speakers: Michael Harrington (Interim Commissioner), Joan Goldstein (Commissioner, Department of Economic Development) and Cameron Wood (Director, Unemployment Insurance)
- Online Link: bit.ly/VTlaborTownHall_April7
THURSDAY, APRIL 9
- Employer Services and Rapid Response
- Time: 2:00pm-3:00pm
- Overview: Description of step-by-step process for employers that feel they may need to lay off employees, such as steps to take, who to notify and work with, as well as what to do when and if they are looking to hire.
- Speakers: Cameron Wood (Director, Unemployment Insurance), Cindy Robillard (Business Services Manager), and Dirk Anderson (General Counsel)
- Online Link: bit.ly/VTlaborTownHall_April9
Previous events are uploaded to the Department’s YouTube Channel, and may be viewed here: https://bit.ly/VTLabor-Youtube.
The Department of Labor will continue to hold these events as needed and will provide topics that are timely and of current community benefit. For further information and updates on the Vermont Department of Labor, please visit labor.vermont.gov.