FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Rachel Dumeny
Communications and Outreach Coordinator
Vermont Department of Labor
Proposed 2024-2027 WIOA Combined State Plan Open for Public Comment
Montpelier, Vt. - The Vermont Department of Labor and the Vermont State Workforce Development Board are seeking public comment on the 2024-2028 Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Combined State Plan.
Every four years, the State of Vermont is required to submit a state plan to the U.S. Departments of Labor and of Education. This plan outlines the state's initiatives to support its residents, with a focus on empowering young individuals and those encountering barriers to employment to attain meaningful and high-quality jobs and careers. It also outlines the state's efforts to aid employers in recruiting and retaining skilled workers. In order to receive funding for core programs, states must have their plans approved. Vermont’s combined state plan integrates strategies from non-WIOA programs, such as the Trade Adjustment Assistance for Workers programs, the Jobs for Veterans State Grants program, and the Unemployment Insurance program.
Comments issued by the public should include the commenter’s full legal name and address. Comments made on behalf of an organization or industry group should include the name of the organization and the commenter’s relationship to the organization.
To review the WIOA State Plan, click here: Draft Combined Plan for the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act of 2014 (for July 2024 - June 2028).
Please submit all comments in writing to Labor.PublicComment@vermont.gov. The deadline for comment submission is Sunday, February 18, 2024, at 4:00 p.m.
The following programs are partners in this combined plan for the employment, training, and supportive services available through the Department’s network of American Job Centers:
- Programs Administered by the Vermont Department of Labor:
- WIOA Title I Adult, Youth, and Dislocated Worker Programs
- WIOA Title III Wagner-Peyser Employment Services, including the Migrant and Seasonal Farmworker Program
- Programs Administered by the Agency of Education:
- WIOA Title II Adult Education and Family Literacy Act Program
- Programs Administered by the Agency of Human Services, Department for Aging and Independent Living:
- WIOA Title IV Vocational Rehabilitation Program through HireAbility
- WIOA Title IV Vocational Rehabilitation Program through the Division for the Blind and Visually Impaired