Montpelier, Vt. – The Vermont Department of Labor (VDOL) and State Workforce Development Board (SWDB) have extended Triple Play Job Fest, to include an additional job fair on Friday, August 5 with the Vermont Lake Monsters at Centennial Field in Burlington. Triple Play Job Fest events were held previously in White River Junction (July 22), Montpelier (July 27), and Burlington (July 28).
“The first three events were very well received,” said spokesperson Kyle Thweatt. “Employers expressed their enthusiasm for the creative outlet of reaching talent, while jobseekers commented on the number of jobs available, including those with wages that were higher than they were expecting. We are excited to be coming back to Burlington to bring jobs to the ballpark one more time.”
VDOL will also host two more job fairs in the month of August, in Ludlow, VT on August 9, and, in partnership with NEK Workforce Partners, in Lyndonville on August 18.
“While these job fairs will be held in more of the traditional model, the Department continues to look for new and innovative ways to create connections between jobseekers and employers,” said Thweatt. “Providing these opportunities within local communities helps us to further our goal of promoting the availability of great local jobs across the state.”
Additional details on upcoming events can be found below.
Triple Play Job Fest: Burlington
- Friday, August 5 with the Vermont Lake Monsters
- Centennial Field, 98 University Road, Burlington, VT 05401
- Hiring Event Time: 5:30pm (first pitch at 6:35pm)
- Participating Employers: Autumn Harp, Cabot Creamery/Agri-Mark, Delta Hotels by Marriott Burlington, USPS, UVM Medical Center and more to be announced.
- Details/Registration: Pre-register to guarantee free admission. Walk-up registration will also be accepted as available. Participants in the job fair will receive a complimentary concessions voucher. Go to https://labor.vermont.gov/event/triple-play-job-fest or call 802-828-4394 for more information and to register.
- Tuesday, August 9
- Veterans Memorial Park, 1 High St, Ludlow, VT 05149
- Hiring Event Time: 2:00pm – 5:00pm
- Participating Employers: Vermont Packinghouse, Fulflex, Springfield Hospital, Mack Molding, Okemo Mountain Resort, Working Fields, Southern State Correctional Facility, TPI Staffing, Vermont Agency of Transportation, and more.
- Details/Registration: Free admission for jobseekers, with pre-registration encouraged. Go to https://labor.vermont.gov/event/ludlow-job-fest or call 802-254-4555 for more information.
Lyndonville (with NEK Workforce Partners)
- Thursday, August 18
- Bandstand Park at 115 Park Ave, Lyndonville, VT 05851
- Hiring Event Time: 9:00am – 2:00pm
- Participating Employers: NSA Industries, Burke Hotel & Conference Center, Northeastern Vermont Regional Hospital, Walmart, Burndy, BHS Composites, Butler's Bus Service, Vermont Microtechnologies, Canterbury Inn, Kingdom Trails, Kingdom East School District, Vermont Agency of Transportation, Passumpsic Bank, U.S. Postal Service, Ethan Allen, Vermont Department of Corre\ctions, FMI Group, Northeast Kingdom Human Services, and more.
- Details/Registration: Free admission for jobseekers, with pre-registration encouraged. Go to https://labor.vermont.gov/event/nek-workforce-partners-job-fest or call 802-748-3177 for more information.
For additional information on the Vermont Department of Labor and its resources for jobseekers and employers, visit Labor.Vermont.gov.