What is RESEA?
The Re-employment Services and Eligibility Assessment Program (RESEA) is a unit within the Unemployment Insurance Division of the VT Department of Labor. This mandatory program strives to help Vermonters re-enter the workforce and reduce the duration which claimants receive UI benefits. In close collaboration with the Workforce Development Division, the RESEA team provides individualized services for positive employment outcomes. This mandatory program has two parts:
Assessing a claimant's continued eligibility for UI benefits
Provide claimants assistance to take steps forward in meeting their employment goals.
If selected for the RESEA program, it is mandatory to participate; Failure to comply with the program's required activities may result in loss of UI benefits.
How Does the Program Work?
The UI Division selects claimants for the RESEA program based on a profiling model. Claimants are selected for the program within the first five weeks of filing or during the first week of filing after establishing monetary eligibility. Priority for selection is for claimants determined most likely to exhaust UI benefits before finding employment. Claimants will be notified of selection through a letter received in the mail, which includes information on how and when to participate in an online RESEA orientation. Following the letter, claimants will receive a phone call and an email from your local RESEA Facilitator providing further information and instructions. If you have questions or need assistance, please contact your local facilitator identified on both your notification letter and the email.
What Does this Program do for me?
Each region of the State has an assigned Facilitator who can help you navigate the program. Facilitators work closely with Workforce Development’s team of Local Career Specialist to connect claimants with job seeker resources, including:
- State of Vermont official job board, Vermont JobLink
- Online Workshops and Events
- Employment Skill Building
- Education and Training Opportunities
- Other Community Partner Resources
If selected for the RESEA program, claimants are required to complete the following steps.
- Complete the online orientation and two questionnaires (Eligibility Review Questionnaire and the Job Skills Assessment & Agreement) found on this page.
- First appointment after orientation submittal: A meeting will be scheduled by the facilitator to go over the orientation information, schedule a first referral, review the questionnaires, develop an employment plan, and schedule the second appointment.
- Second Appointment: Meet with the facilitator to review the two interest profile exercises, update your employment plan, and schedule the last referral.
- Referrals are mutually agreed upon with facilitators to enhance employment goals. These referrals will vary based on the needs of the claimant and may include, but not limited to virtual workshops, job fairs, connection to workforce development specialists, partner agencies, and/or a local Veterans Specialist.
What to Expect
All RESEA appointments are conducted virtual through Microsoft Teams. Each invitation has a conference call in number and conference ID. If this option is a barrier to participation, please contact your regional facilitator for alternative methods.
We look forward to partnering with you to help meet your employment goals!