The information below is included on page 15 of the Claimant B-11 Handbook. For more informaiton and resources, please refer to your claimant handbook.
Enroll In Direct Deposit Services By:
- Calling 1-800-983-2300 and pressing option #6
- Our online filing services, which are available at www.labor.vermont.gov under "File an Unemployment Claim". Enter your SSN and four digit PIN. At the personal data page, click on the link named "Enroll or Update Direct Deposit", which can be located at the bottom, left hand side of the page.
Before You Call, Have The Following Information Available:
- Social Security Number
- Your financial institution’s routing number – This is a nine-digit number
- Your account number – This may be up to seventeen digits
- Type of account – checking or savings
Simply follow the step-by-step instructions provided. If either the account or routing number contains any letters, you must enroll online.
All direct deposits must go through a “pre-note” process with your financial institution to verify the information. Upon completion of the “pre-note” process, you can expect the first direct deposit to occur 14 calendar days after initial enrollment. A paper check will be mailed until the enrollment process is completed. After the enrollment process has been completed, you can expect deposit of funds in your account approximately two business days following the process date of your weekly claim certification. Direct deposits are not made on weekends or holidays.
If your account or routing number changes, you must immediately change your direct deposit information by one of the two enrollment methods mentioned above. Changes in account or routing numbers require another “pre-note” process. It is your responsibility to maintain accurate information to prevent delays in processing your payments.
Information Needed for Direct Deposit
If you are depositing to a Statement Savings account, please contact your financial institution to obtain this information before enrolling in the Direct Deposit Service.