Skip to main content

Layoff Support Services - Impacted Workers

As a result of your recent layoff, the Vermont Department of Labor wants to make you aware of specific resources that are available to you during this time. Below you will find important information related to unemployment compensation and re-employment Services.


    • Create a Job Seeker account in Vermont Job Link to search local jobs and opportunities.
    • Contact a local office for additional assistance
      • Barre/Montpelier: (802) 476-2600
      • Bennington: (802) 442-6376
      • Brattleboro: (802) 254-4555
      • Burlington: (802) 863-7676
      • Middlebury:  (802) 388-4921
      • Morrisville: (802) 888-4545
      • Newport: (802) 334-6545
      • Rutland: (802) 786-5937
      • Springfield: (802) 289-0999
      • St. Albans: (802) 524-6585
      • St. Johnsbury: (802) 748-3177
      • White River Junction: (802) 295-8805

    ***As a result of the recent announcement of layoffs from JELD-Wen the Department is working to set-up virtual and in-person information sessions. If you are an impacted worker, please complete the steps above as initial steps. Additional details on information sessions will be provided as they become available. 


    If you are looking to apply for unemployment insurance benefits, your first step is to establish your initial unemployment insurance claim

    • Establish Initial Claim: Learn more about how to establish an initial claim or re-open a past claim through our Steps for Unemployment. If you are in need of assistance, please call 1-877-214-3330. 
    • ​File Weekly Claim: Submit your first weekly claim through the online Claimant Portal.
    • Vacation Pay:  If you do not know the amount of vacation pay that might be paid to you at the time you establish your initial claim, you may enter “0” in that field.  However, you must inform the UI division immediately if you receive vacation pay at a future date.  You can report this information by calling 1-877-214-3332.
    • Translation: Language translators and interpreters are available by contacting the Department of Labor’s Claimant Assistance Center at 1-877-214-3332.


    • For individuals looking for more information on compensation and pay provided to impacted workers, please contact our Wage and Hour Division at 802-951-4083.
    • Click here to submit a Wage Claim or Complaint.